|Product type||Hollow Edge|
|Blade size||5 IN|
DescriptionClassic Ikon knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material - polyoxymethylene (POM) - which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
The Classic Ikon 5" hollow edge Santoku knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional chef's knife, at a 10-degree cutting edge, and gradually curves up at the very end providing a straighter edge. The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag. This knife allows cooks to effortlessly prep a wide array of fresh produce, including starchy vegetables like potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife's blade.
- Finish: Black
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention
- Tempered to 58 degrees Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance
- Made in Solingen, Germany
Commonly Bought with This Item
About the Manufacturer
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof still expertly crafts its legendary knives in Solingen, Germany where it was founded over 200 years ago. The company produces over 350 different forged knives, each branded with the distinct trident logo and the prestigious 'Made in Solingen' stamp. The Trident symbolizes Wusthof's three core values: passion, diligence, and perfection, all hallmarks of each piece of cutlery the company crafts. Riverbend Home is an authorized retailer.
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
We offer a 30-day SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. If you receive a damaged or defective item or you are dissatisfied with a product for any reason, you can return it for an exchange or refund within 30 days. See our full refund/return policy.