Baja Style Ceviche with Lime, Cilantro & Coconut Milk
Fresh Fish That’s Full of Flavor
One of the easiest and most underrated recipes, ceviche features marinated fresh fish mixed with cilantro, lime, onion, and coconut milk. This super-fresh Peruvian seafood dish is tailor-made for a light, alfresco dinner or a party appetizer.
Baja-Style Ceviche with Lime, Cilantro, and Coconut Milk
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut (or other meaty white fish), skinned, de-boned and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- 7 fl. oz. full-fat coconut milk
- 1 green onion, sliced on the bias into 1/4-inch pieces
- Sea salt
- Mixing bowl
- Knife and cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Tapas dishes
In a large mixing bowl, combine halibut and lime juice. Refrigerate and let marinate for 10 to 20 minutes.
After marinating, add carrots, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and coconut milk. Stir gently to combine and season to taste with sea salt. Serve in tapas dishes, garnished with cilantro leaves and green onion. Serve with crackers and hot sauce.