Cooking & Baking
Outdoor Oven Recipe: Fired Steak Fajitas
Outdoor Oven Recipe (cooking times based on the Ooni 3 Outdoor Oven)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 - 6
Prepared in an Ooni 3 Outdoor Oven.
- 2 lbs skirt or flank steak
- ½ teaspoon each of chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Peppers that fit your heat and/or sweet preference
- 1 medium onion
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet in your outdoor oven and fire it up for 7-10 minutes to bring both to temperature
- While they are warming up, prepare your meat and veggies by slicing the steak, onion, and peppers into thin strips
- Whisk together equal parts lime juice and olive oil, brushing onto the steak generously
- Carefully pull out your skillet (tip: using metal tongs along with a wooden plank or cutting board work well for safe handling)
- Place your steak on the skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder and place into oven for 1 minute
- Turn your steak and add the peppers and onions
- Return the skillet to the oven, checking and turning every 60-90 seconds until steak and veggies are cooked to your liking
- Serve on the skillet for that sizzlin’ effect, just be mindful of the pan’s heat for you, your guests and your dining surfaces!
- Enjoy on a warm tortilla, over rice, or on its own!