|Blade size||7 IN|
|Color family||Stainless Steel|
DescriptionLike a chef's knife, the Japanese Santoku is a multi-purpose knife used for just about every cutting job in the kitchen. The name means "three virtues." This refers either to the three types of foods it works especially well with - vegetables, proteins, and fruit, or for the three types of cuts at which it excels: slicing, dicing, and chopping. Slightly shorter than the standard chef's knife, a Santoku is very easy to maneuver - even in a smaller kitchen. There's just enough belly curve to enable rocking cuts, which enhances the knife's versatility. This distinctive piece of kitchen cutlery performs beautifully and you'll find that the new blonde Pakkawood handles fit your hand like a comfortable glove.
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- A light and maneuverable all-purpose kitchen knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16-degree edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total) support the knife core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- Handle: D-shaped ebony Pakka wood
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Commonly Bought with This Item
About the Manufacturer
Shun Cutlery proudly takes its name from the Japanese culinary tradition of preparing and eating the very freshest food at the perfect peak of perfection or 'shun' moment. From the legendary samurai swords to the handcrafted kitchen knives of today, the exquisite craftsmanship of Japanese blades is admired worldwide. The kitchen knives and cutting tools from Shun Cutlery are no exception. Their highly skilled artisans produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty. Incredibly sharp edges and unmatched aesthetics set Shun knives apart from every other kitchen knife on the market today. A combination of a centuries-old tradition of blade-making excellence with the newest technology and the most advanced materials makes every Shun knife a functional work of art. Riverbend Home is an authorized retailer.