|Blade size||6 IN|
|Color family||Stainless Steel|
DescriptionFor a chef's knife that is particularly lightweight and highly maneuverable, try the Shun 6" Chef's Knife. Like all chef's knives, it is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. While the 6" length is perfect for slicing, dicing, and chopping small to medium-sized fruits, vegetables, and other foods, many cooks prefer this smaller size for its sheer nimbleness. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan. With its curved belly, the Chef's knife can be gently "rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- A smaller, lighter, and more maneuverable chef's knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16-degree edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total) support the knife core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- Handle: D-shaped ebony Pakka wood
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Commonly Bought with This Item
About the Manufacturer
Shun Cutlery proudly takes its name from the Japanese culinary tradition of preparing and eating the very freshest food at the perfect peak of perfection or 'shun' moment. From the legendary samurai swords to the handcrafted kitchen knives of today, the exquisite craftsmanship of Japanese blades is admired worldwide. The kitchen knives and cutting tools from Shun Cutlery are no exception. Their highly skilled artisans produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty. Incredibly sharp edges and unmatched aesthetics set Shun knives apart from every other kitchen knife on the market today. A combination of a centuries-old tradition of blade-making excellence with the newest technology and the most advanced materials makes every Shun knife a functional work of art. Riverbend Home is an authorized retailer.