|Product type||Asian Non-Serrated|
|Blade size||7 IN|
|Color family||Stainless Steel|
DescriptionIn Japan, this knife style is known as a gyuto. It is the Japanese equivalent of the chef's knife. In other words, it's an all-purpose knife. It's ideal for meat and fish, yet performs beautifully on vegetables, too. Although the blade profile is narrower than the traditional chef's knife, it still offers plenty of knuckle clearance when cutting on a board. If you're looking for a lighter, more nimble multi-purpose kitchen knife, the Shun Asian Cook's Knife is sure to become your go-to knife for a wide range of food preparation tasks.
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- A multi-purpose knife similar in function to a chef's knife
- VG-MAX cutting core the latest in the VG line of "super steels" is wear resistant, corrosion resistant, holds a fine, sharp edge, 16-degrees each side
- 68 micro layers of Damascus cladding look beautiful, support and protect the core
- Hammered TSUCHIME finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Walnut finish, contoured Pakka wood handle offers comfort and control, resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Japan
Commonly Bought with This Item
About the Manufacturer
Shun Cutlery proudly takes its name from the Japanese culinary tradition of preparing and eating the very freshest food at the perfect peak of perfection or 'shun' moment. From the legendary samurai swords to the handcrafted kitchen knives of today, the exquisite craftsmanship of Japanese blades is admired worldwide. The kitchen knives and cutting tools from Shun Cutlery are no exception. Their highly skilled artisans produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty. Incredibly sharp edges and unmatched aesthetics set Shun knives apart from every other kitchen knife on the market today. A combination of a centuries-old tradition of blade-making excellence with the newest technology and the most advanced materials makes every Shun knife a functional work of art. Riverbend Home is an authorized retailer.