DescriptionStaub enameled cast iron cookware is the top choice for chefs and home cooks alike. Rooted in French culinary heritage, Staub's renowned cocottes are timeless pieces, perfect for casual meals or sumptuous suppers. The Essential 3.75-quart French Oven with a Chistera lid is the latest star in the cast iron collection.
Like Staub's signature flat lid, the domed Chistera lid has excellent self-basting properties. Usually, a convex lid causes condensation to fall to the sides. The innovative, Chistera drop-structure lid solves this problem by putting a twist on traditional spikes. Moisture cascades from the whole lid. This continuous basting guarantees delectable roast chicken and braised short ribs.
What inspired this original design? Basque pelota players use wicker basket Chisteras to scoop up balls and hurl them quickly. Under Staub's new lids, the Chistera-shaped curves gather condensation to shower moisture upon the delicious dish that simmers inside.
- Dimensions: 10.5" wide x 11.3" long x 4.8" high
- Weight: 10.5 lbs
- Finish/Color: Classic White
- Self-basting Chistera spikes continuously keep food moist
- Exceptional heat distribution and retention cast iron is famous for
- Matte black enamel interior heats and enhances caramelization, excellent searing
- Versatile design goes from oven to table
- Enameled cast iron is easy to clean and doesn't require seasoning
- Iconic Staub handles with ergonomic grip
- Made in France
Commonly Bought with This Item
About the Manufacturer
Equally functional and beautiful, Staub French cast iron cookware and ceramic bakeware move effortlessly from stovetop to oven to tabletop, bringing warmth to every meal with wonderful flavors. Each piece of Staub cookware combines traditional craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology for designs that are innovative, unique, and perfect. Riverbend Home is an authorized retailer.