BBQ Chicken Pizza
It’s the classic BBQ feast atop a crispy pizza base—who would have thought? Impress your crowd this season with a delicious pizza topped with fire-roasted corn, chicken and sweet red peppers finished off with a tangy BBQ drizzle.
Servings: One 12"x16" pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 7oz/ 11.3oz (220g/320g) Classic Pizza Dough ball
- 4 tbsp Classic Pizza Sauce (see note below)
- 4oz (40g) mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- 8oz (50g) chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4oz (40g) corn
- ¼ red pepper, sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Prepare your pizza dough ahead of time. Our guide to making the perfect Classic Pizza Dough covers everything you need to know.
- For the sauce for this pizza, we recommend preparing our easy Classic Pizza Sauce. With a hint of garlic, salt and basil, it's the ideal pizza sauce that will help to bring out the flavors in the other ingredients used here.
- Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. https://riverbendhome.com/products/ooni-uuni-uu-p0ab00-koda-16-pizza-oven-sc50192-849638 Aim for 572˚F (300˚C) on the stone baking board inside. You can check the temperature inside your oven quickly and easily using an infrared thermometer.
- Drizzle some olive oil into your Ooni Sizzler Pan and place in the oven to warm up. Once warm, place your corn into the pan and return to the oven. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the corn begins to char up slightly.
- Turn up the heat on your Ooni, this time aiming for 932˚F (500˚C) on the stone baking board inside.
- Using a small amount of flour, dust your Ooni pizza peel. Stretch the pizza dough ball out to 12-16 inches and lay it out on your pizza peel. Using a large spoon or ladle, spread the sauce evenly across the pizza dough base. Top the pizza base with the BBQ sauce, bacon, mozzarella, shredded chicken, sweet corn, red pepper and red onion.
- Slide the pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven, making sure to rotate the pizza regularly.
Once cooked, remove the pizza from the oven and drizzle over the BBQ sauce. Serve immediately.