What Is a Y (Wye) Strainer?

Browse Y-Strainers at Riverbend Home to find this essential part in any plumbing system. Known interchangeably as a pipe strainer, plumbing strainer, or wye (Y) strainer, this small but mighty piping supply features a mesh screen that traps dirt and other solid debris, preventing it from harming plumbing equipment—pumps or valves, for example—farther down the line. A Y- strainer can be installed horizontally or vertically within the pipeline, making it a versatile option to suit your needs. Find top-quality plumbing supplies for your project at Riverbend Home.